What Really Matters

It's almost 11pm and I should be sleeping. Instead, I'm eating cheese curls and (finally) writing this blog that's been rolling around in my head since Saturday. :) It all started after my son's 8th birthday party. (No, that's not true. Really, it started a few months ago when I was searching Pinterest and these crazy post-your-party-pictures-so-the-rest-of-us-can-feel-inadequate websites for ideas for the upcoming Nerf themed birthday. I found some really great ideas, which I used, and a whole lot of scrapbook-worthy photos, which I planned to take of my own successful celebration.) I uploaded all my pictures from the day and was quite distressed to see that I had very few of my own scrapbook-worthy shots. For one thing, the party was in our church gym and the lighting is terrible for pictures. So, since little boys with Nerf guns don't care to stand still for my camera, most of them turned out blurry. I also did not get any pre-party shots of everything set up so nicely before the chaos ensued. I don't even have a picture of Aedan with his (cup)cake!!  I  always get a picture of my kids with their cake before the party starts.  But, to be honest. the nerf disc bullet cupcake that the two older kids helped make just didn't meet my cake decorating standards, if you know what  I mean.  Aedan, however, thought they were amazing.  Which brings me to the point of this post.  As I was bemoaning my lack of perfect pictures, my hubby reminded me that the day was not about the pictures.  It was about celebrating an 8th birthday, and the birthday boy couldn't have been happier with how the day turned out.  I believe his exact words were, "That was the best birthday party ever!!"  And that, friends, is really what matters.  At least that's what I'll keep telling myself until Liana's birthday party in a few weeks. :)

The nerd disc bullet cupcakes

He is always happy to pose for the camera!

Everyone got a bullet holder with bullets and sunglasses (for safety).

Legos.  Lots and lots of legos.

Comments

Popular Posts