Tide and Tempest - book review

I have been on a reading spree, so I have a few books to review at once here. As always, I received Tide and Tempest by Elizabeth Ludwig, from Bethany House in exchange for my review. This was the conclusion to the Edge of Freedom trilogy. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two, and this one was no different. Plenty of action and intrigue kept the story moving, and me on the edge of my seat more often than not. All throughout I was pulling for Tillie and Captain Morgan to end up together, and I did find myself getting frustrated at all the assumptions and lack of communication that kept them apart, but I also know it was necessary to the story line. I would have liked to see a little more elaboration on their spiritual transformation. It seemed a little lame to me. It was almost like it was put in as an afterthought to make it qualify as a Christian novel. But otherwise I really enjoyed the book, and I look forward to more from Ms. Ludwig.

Comments

Popular Posts