A Whole Bunch of Things

Well, this really should be about 3 or 4 different posts, but since I've been a slacker you'll have to read this one very long one instead!  And again, it will probably be a bit scattered.  It's been a rough week and a half.  While still dealing with an unpleasant surprise that left me reeling, the next day a man that used to go to our church and that was good friends with good friends of ours was killed in a work accident.  He left behind a wife and two young boys.  Whenever a dad dies, it brings back a lot of memories and emotions I don't prefer to think about.  And being right on the heels of the unpleasant surprise made it ten times worse.  But at the same time, it reminded me not to take people for granted, or to stay angry at someone you love.  You never know when that someone might be taken from you.  At the end of the week we found out that some very special friends lost their baby.  Completely heartbreaking, and so overwhelming, all this grief.  All I can do is pray, Jesus be near, which I have, over and over again.  Sometimes (okay, a lot of time) it's really hard to accept life.  I'd rather just scream "Why God?!?!  What are you doing?!?!?!"  And while I know I could do that, and God could handle it, it really wouldn't serve any purpose.  God doesn't owe me or anyone else an explanation, and even if he did explain, it's not likely that my pint-size brain would understand it anyway.  I just have to trust that God is still God, and his ways truly are higher than my ways, and his thoughts higher than my thoughts.  And no matter what happens, he is worthy of my praise, now and forevermore.
In the middle of all that, there have been some good points!  James finally started his therapies through the AIU.  He's had speech twice, and he has his second session with the deaf ed and special ed teachers on Friday.  All three ladies are great, and they love James.  They are very impressed with how well he is doing, which is very encouraging to me.  I can see that he is definitely making progress, and yet sometimes ... well, sometimes I think the child doesn't have a brain in his head!  But I guess I think that about my other two kiddos at times too, so it's probably not as big of a deal as I make it with him.  On Tuesday we finally got those troublesome top front teeth pulled.  It was a completely traumatic experience.  Apparently the boy hates needles, and it took quite a while, and a whole lot of screaming, to get him in a head lock of sorts so the doctor could get the novacaine in.  Once we got that done it was smooth sailing, and he is now "our little hillbilly" with only 3 top teeth.  Wednesday was Aedan's pinewood derby race at church.  He had a great time racing his car, and he did really well.  Thurdsday and Friday we went to the pool.  All three kids love to swim, and James had a blast.  He goes underwater just fine, and he would jump in if he was clutching my hand.  Mostly he played on the steps where it's the most shallow.  We did have an odd occurence with one of the lifeguards telling me that he didn't like the way James was putting his face in the water.  Still not sure why, but no one else has said anything about him.  And today I even got him to jump in without holding on to me.  He didn't do it willingly at first, but eventually he did and had quite a good time.  Over the weekend we had our last post placement visit with our social worker, Ernie.  Now just some more paperwork (big shocker) and James will officially be a Yusko!  We also had softball games and dinner at my parents' house.  It feels weird to not have any more appointments for a while, but nice.  And we still have plenty going on to keep us busy!

Aedan is trying to catch up to James in the lost teeth dept.




red. neck.




This month's family photo for the ICAB

dirtball #1

dirtball #2


My big girl!

Comments

Popular Posts