One year ago...

One year ago we did our first adoption fundraiser, concession stands at a church softball tournament. It was a long day, and super hot.  We worked at 2 different fields and my dear friend helped me by running the second location. We made about $400, which covered our agency application fees and helped get us started.  At that time I wasn't even sure what country we were going to, let alone what specific child. 
Today, while we wait (and wait) for our referral for our sweet boy, we had the same concession stand to help finish off our fundraising.  I really wish I could say that today capped off what we need, because that would be really cool, but we're not quite there.  Super close though!  And while last year was hot hot hot, today was freezing!!!  And unlike last year, when several people asked about our adoption that we hadn't even officially started, hardly anybody asked me today, even though I was wearing my Celebrate Adoption! t-shirt (not that you could really see much of it under my hoodie!) and I had a picture of James right on the table!  That was a little disappointing.  And since we only had one location, and it was freezing, we didn't make nearly as much money.  BUT we have more than we started the day with, and a very sweet teenager got up early and spent her Saturday with me, freezing, and memorizing the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew 1.  So I'd say it was a day well spent :)

And in case you're wondering, we haven't heard anything further from the ICAB.  There was a major typhoon in the Philippines this week and Manila was basically underwater, so the government was shut down for a few days.  I don't know what that will do to our timeline, but hopefully not much. I don't really expect to hear anything next week, given the disaster. The country can really use our prayers too, as they face massive devastation in Manila and surrounding areas.  But as far as we know James is safe and sound, praise God!

Comments

Popular Posts