Noma Kanjani (Whatever it takes)

In case you didn't notice, I added a chip-in button that you can use to donate directly to us through pay-pal. :)

Today at church we had a guest missionary speak.  His message was from the story of the good Samaritan.  The basic message was that we prove our love for the Lord by caring for people.  As I was listening and (doing a very poor job of) interpreting, I felt that feeling in my stomach.  You know, the one where you feel all floppy inside?  That's the best way I can describe it.  But the reason is that I really wanted to stand up and shout to the whole church, "THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!" If you missed my last post, please go back and read it, and you'll understand.  Taking care of orphans is following Jesus' command to care for the least of these!  And when we do it in his name, it's the same as doing it for Jesus himself!  And if we refuse to care for them, it's like refusing to care for Jesus himself.  And to those people, Christ says, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 
Do you get it?  This is NOT OPTIONAL. 
At the end of the message, he gave 3 levels of involvement.
1. Do Something NOW.  In our service this was answered with an unplanned offering for Cry Africa, the ministry these missionaries work with.  But for you, I'm giving you the opportunity to do something now by coming to Celebrate Adoption!  Not only will you be helping us rescue an orphan, but I believe God is going to stir hearts for adoption, and other families are going to get on board.
2. Short-term committment.  To me, when it comes to orphan care, this can come in the form of child sponsorship.  As I said before, I understand that not everyone can or should adopt.  But almost everyone can sponsor a child.  It costs less to feed, clothe, educate, and provide medical care for a child than it does to pay for your cell phone.  And because so many orphans will never be available for adoption, we need people to step up and provide the care their country cannot.
3. Long-term commitment. Obviously, I'm going to say this fits into the adoption category.  Adopting a child is forever, just like having a biological child.  It takes work, sacrifice, money, and more.  But it's so worth it.  The life of a child is worth it.  Jesus is worth it.

If you want to join us for Celebrate Adoption!, please let me know this week so we can plan accordingly.  And bring a friend!

Comments

Popular Posts